Southport, South Coast, KwaZulu-Natal
Self Catering Accommodation in Southport
More spacious than the average self catering accommodation on southern KwaZulu-Natal’s gorgeous Hibiscus Coast, this seaside beach house is the ultimate getaway holiday venue to soothe your stresses and worries. The Beach House is a modern oasis for the city weary providing a tranquil and relaxing holiday destination for beach lovers.
Eighty short steps from the veranda and you will reach the soft, white sands of a private beach nestled between the main beaches of Sea Park and Southport. A beach most popular for fishing, diving and snorkelling. The Beach House has a four star rating and an AA Superior rating, placing it amongst the upper echelons of self catering establishments.
The Beach House has four tastefully decorated bedrooms, all with magnificent beach and sea views. Sleeping a maximum of 10 adults and 4 children in trendy seaside luxury. The main bedroom features a king size bed and en suite bathroom with spacious shower, toilet and sink. Concealed in a cupboard, the TV provides viewing pleasure with a full bouquet of DSTV channels.
The second bedroom has a queen size bed and the third bedroom two single beds. While the south wing houses a fourth bedroom with a double bed, a TV lounge with a queen size sleeper couch and double, double bunk beds.
Playing centre stage to this recently completed beachfront property is the open plan lounge and dining room. For couch potatoes, a large-screen TV provides a change of pace to the crashing waves on the nearby beach. Stacking doors completely open the area onto the sweeping veranda, which is equipped with comfortable chairs and sun loungers from Bali, for lazy days by the plunge pool or gazing out to sea.
All bedrooms have ample storage space in the built-in cupboards. High-quality bed linen, coupled with superior mattresses, provides a luxurious sleeping experience. All rooms are equipped with industrial-capacity ceiling fans to ensure you drift off into the land of nod in comfort.
The modern and well-equipped kitchen features ample workspace, gas hobs, electric oven, microwave oven and two large fridge/freezer combinations for storing freshly caught fish from your very own slice of the Indian Ocean or meat for your braai with a view.
The Beach House has its own on-site live-in domestic worker who provides guests with a full daily cleaning service. The service includes washing of dishes, cleaning floors and bathrooms, making beds and changing linen once a week. Bath towels are available and are also changed on a weekly basis. Please bring your own swimming/beach towels. A separate laundry service is available on request, for your personal items, at a minimal additional charge.
The beach house is pet friendly for house trained, small breed doggies only.
The Beach House Offers Easy Access to the following activities.
- Abseiling and Bunge Jumping - Offered at the famous Oribi Gorge 25km away.
- Animal Parks -Uvongo Bird Park, Croc World in Scottburgh, the Riverbend Croc Farm & Art Gallery in Ramsgate and Pure Venom, the largest reptile farm in Africa are all have to outings.
- Beaches - In addition to your very own private beach, a mere 2km walk along the beach finds Lifesavers on Duty at Southport, a 4km drive or an 8km drive to the Hibberdene main beach.
- Bird Watching- Spectacular abundance of varied local spieces at The Beach House or visit Oribi Gorge some 25km away.
- Boat Charters - Experience Deep Sea Fishing at it's best with our very own well known local fisherman and chartered outings.
- Casino - The Wild Coast Sun famous for its gambling halls, live entertainment shows and amuzements parks only 50 km down the nearby highway.
- Cultural - Tours available to our Local Tribal Villages.
- Fishing - The Beach House is renowned as one of the most popular fishing beachings.
- Go kart Racing - Visit Margate GoKarts 12km south or enjoy the Wild Coast Sun and all it's offerings.
- Golf Courses - The Beach House offers access to a number of the South Coast’s renowned golf courses. Avid golfers or weekend hackers can find a golf course to suit their tastes at Margate, Selborne Estate, Southbroom, San Lameer, Port Edward the Wild Coast Sun or only 4km from PortShepstone Country Club.
- Helicopter and Microflight Flips - The Margate airport offer flips anytime of the year.
- Hiking Trails - A choice from Oribi Gorge Nature Reserve, Inland 25km. Umtamvuna Nature Reserve 20km South and the Vernon Crookes Reserve, North 20km.
- Horse Riding - On your very own beach.
- Ice-Skating - An ice skate ring at Amanzimtoti, a 40minute drive North.
- Paintball- Get blasted in Uvongo 15km south from The Beach House!
- Put Put - Mini Golf, at the Jolly Roger on the Hibberedene Main Beach.
- River Cruise - Enjoy a sunset cruise along the Umzimkulu River in Portshepstone, 5km South.
- Scuba Diving - Dive with the wild sharks at Aliwal Shoal and have it captured on video.
- Self Defence -One of the 'best of the best' masters offers nearby, martial arts/ Dojo and Yoga classes.
- Ten Pin Bowling - See Casino.Wild Coast Casino.
- Whale Watching and Dolphin Encounters - From your very own front garden. We also have a host of local Ocean Divers that offer these encouters out at sea.
Out of Season:
R 250 pp per night. Minimum R500 per night, R 100 pc per night under 10 years old.
Weekends / Public Holidays :
R 280 pp per night. Minimum R600 per night, R 100 pc per night under 10 years old.
R 2 300 per night for the entire house (Maximum 8 Adults and 4 Children)
R 350 pp per night. Minimum R1700 per night, R 150 pc per night under 10 years of age.
R 3 000 per night for the entire house, (Maximum 8 Adults and 4 children).
View BnB Network South Coast in a larger map